EPIC! Roleplay Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EPIC! Roleplay Community

EPIC! Roleplaying Community hosts roleplays of all shapes and sizes. You into stepping out of your own skin and into someone you create? Come on in and hang out.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

City of Darkness (IC)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

City of Darkness (IC) Empty
PostSubject: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:34 pm

There is a city. A dark and loathesome place. The dank smell of rot and decay fester in this place like a sore. The dead walk in this city. The dead own this city. The living are killed on sight, and join the ranks. A terrible king, He of the Iron Crown, He of the Shadowy Cloak, the Man with no Face, Valtramear, is the ruler of this city. The spire of this city reach into the sky like the teeth of so many dragons. This place is death. The hour is near. This is the time to fight. This is the time to stand. Will you fight this menace? Or will you join the ranks?

This is a medival RP. The rules are simple:
1. No killing another player without asking first
2. No controlling another player without asking first
3. No godly stuff like "Oh you hit me well i deflect with an invisible sheild" There is magic, just not that kind
4. Have fun!

Character Sheet should look like this:
Name:
Alighnment: (are you with Valtramear and his city of darkness? or are you with the light?)
Appearance:
Equiptment: (don't just give yourself a two hand sword that cuts through stone, make it crappy at first or something)
Bio: (lets get a backstory!)dwoiernwoe
Back to top Go down
https://epicroleplay.darkbb.com
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:41 pm

(i will be controlling the King and my own character)

Name:Shade
Nobility: Lord (he owns a small settlement outside the the Dark City)
Alighnment: Evil
Appearance: Pale, gray skin, dark black eyes, long, shoulder length black hair, a scar snaking from his left eye to his chin, has a black goatee, black tattoos cover his torso. No one understands why he has them but they symbolize something.....
Equiptment: Black Plate Mail, a hand-and-a-half sword on his left hip and a long dagger strapped to the belt on the small of his back, a longbow on his back and a hip quiver filled with arrows, two mysterious rings, one on each ring finger (knows a thing or two about spells for he is a Shadow Knight)
Bio: Was born into the kingdom of the damned. His mother was the sister to the King's wife, so he grew up with every advantage. He was trained early on to become a Shadow Knight, a knight with knowledge of the blade, poisons, magic, and the arrow. At the age of 17, he graduated the acadamey and went on to become an assassin for the king. Some years later, Valtramear allowed him a place in his army as a top ranking General. Shade accepted. Then, at the age of 86, he was transformed into a lich, like the king, and lives forever unless bested in combat. Now, to this day, Shade is the ruler of a small settlement outside of the City. He controls a small army of the most ruthless Shadow Knights the world has ever seen. Trained by him, they remain undefeated.
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:24 pm

Name: Hiro Nakata
Nobility: Paladin
Alighnment: Light/Good
Appearance: Wears a white hooded shirt with a red cross on it. Wears black chainmail underneath that. Black pants and shoes. Brown hair and brown eyes. Kind and Loving.
Equiptment: A short sword with a golden hilt. and a small dagger.
Bio: Has a love for all living things. Born into a small villiage called Shining Fort. He carries out in his father's footsteps of being a Paladin.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Valtramear looked through the scrying crystal and smiled. His undead army had taken down the city of Teriloth and the king's head now lay in a sack. Said sack was currently in the possession of his general, Shade. He chuckled at the thought of the king's head on the parapet of his city walls. He laughed. As he laughed, the ghoul next to him laughed too. He turned and laughed harder as he cut the ghoul's head from its shoulders. "I never said you could speak." Suddenly, the massive doors at the end of the hall opened and a messenger entered. "What is it peasant?" The messenger bowed and said,"Sir, your army arrives at the city." Valtramear smiled. "Open the gates."

Shade hefted the sack on his left shoulder and entered the city. The undead gaurdians, the ghouls, cheered as they entered. Shade grimaced and waved. The smell of blood was still on his sword as he drew it and held it high for all to see. "PEOPLE! WE HAVE CONQUERED!" The crowd cheered. Now Shade genually smiled and headed into the castle. His uncle awaited.
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Name: Lightfingers.

Nobility: No. But has gotten rather good at passing for it.

Alignment: Reluctantly of the light.

Appearance: Peasantish. Prefers black, over other colours. Doesn't obviously wear armour, or any other distinguishing device.

Weapons: A single pair of daggers. Good quality steel. Nothing fancy.

Bio: Born into the family business, Lightfingers took to thieving early, and well. Once the Shadow King took over, he decided that if the dead were all that remained, well, stealing from them is no fun. So he wishes to preserve the light, if only to preserve his job.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:46 am

Pushing the doors of the throne room wide, Shade entered. Valtramear sat upon his throne of bone and smiled. "Hello there nephew, how goes the victory?" Shade walked up to the throne and bowed to one knee. "It went well my Lord. I have brought back hundreds more new bodies and our ranks have swelled. We also have treasure, weapons, armor, and seige weapons. Then this." Shade lifted the sack high and let the head roll out onto the floor." Valtramear's eyes followed its progress. "Lovely isn't it Uncle?" The king lifted it from the ground. "Perfect. Just what we need to scare the life out of the living." There was heartly laughter from the two. If the living had been around, it could have chilled the very blood in their veins.
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:52 pm

Sneaking through the shadows, I notice a rather bright white looking fella, and moves in, attempting to lighten his coinpurse.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:03 am

Valtramear sat upon his throne. His mind far away. He had called upon the third eye. Now, it was sent out over the lands to scout for the running arms. He watched as the raized fields and torn bodies of his enemies flew by underneath. He felt good. "This world will one day be mine, and when that day comes, i shall feast upon the flesh of the kings of this land." He let out a hearty, bone chilling laugh into the silent throne room. Then, as his eye crossed over a cresting hilltop, a blinding light took him. He cried out in pain, snapping back into reality. Shade ran in at the sound of his uncle's cries. "Sire, what happened?" Valtramear's crimson eye's blazed with inner fire. In that brief second before he was blinded he saw a terrible sight. The humans were massing a large army of Paladins and they were some miles away. "Shade. Send out the scouts. The humans are coming. HE is leading them." Shade didn't need to be told twice. The Exiled Prince was now the Avenged King and the ultimate battle was about to begin.
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Hiro's woken by the sound of foot steps outside his room,he stirs and decides to check out what all the comotion is about.

"Oh my God..."Hiro says as he see's his house being lit in flames and a figure running out of the house.
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:51 pm

Stopping a good distance away, I huff and puff a bit, and saunter back, attempting to look surprised.
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:47 pm

Hiro attempts to run after the figure who he assumes just lit his house in flames,but a piece of flaming wood hits him on the head...knocking him out in the flaming, hell house
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:08 pm

*mutters to himself "Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it...Too late. I did." and dashes over, attempting to drag the poor bastard out of the flames* "Come on. Wake up. Wake up."
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Shade watched the army in the parade grounds. The training of his Shadow Knights was going well. They needed all the help they could get to destroy the paladins. He took his sword out and stepped out onto the grounds. "Alright maggots! Alittle combat training and some necromancy thrown in." He beckoned for a ghoul to step forward. Facing each other, swords drawn, the fight begun. The ghoul came in with an overhand slice. Shade could have easily killed him then with a thrust but didn't. Side stepping, Shade sliced down and sheared of the ghouls hands. Now weaponless, he cleaved its head off. "Now, see that he is dead? Watch and remember." Sheathing his sword, Shade placed his palms on the dead ghouls chest. He began chanting in the hellish tounge of the undead. Suddenly, he ended with a loud cry and the body began to move. The head reatached itself, as did the hands. "You see? This is the true power of a Shadow Knight! Now go! And get your necromancy training from the Dark Priest. I have business to attend to."
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:13 am

Dragging the poor bastard out of the flaming house, I give him a couple slaps, muttering "Wake up. Wake up damn you. Dad isn't gonna liiike this."
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Shade walked into Valtramear's throne room and kneeled. "My king you asked to speak with me?" Valtramear looked down upon his nephew and beckoned him to rise. "You know that Avenged King is forming an army of paladins right?" Shade stood and nodded. "Yes my lord." Valtramear nodded as well. "Well we have to make sure to keep them at bay. I don't want some damned light mucking up my kingdom." Shade snickered. "My Lord, i am currently training more Shadow Knights as requested. There are a few that are showing great potential. Should i call in a priest to "bless" our best recruits?" Valtramear stood and nodded. He walked over to a window and stared out upon his rotten kingdom. "So be it. Remember, keep them in check. We don't know what the "blessings" can do."
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:25 pm

*Thinking that he's not waking up for now, I hustle and drag him somewhere safeish, somewhere that doesn't get checked often, letting him rest or sleep or whatever it is he's doing in his unconciousness*
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:04 am

Shade sat in his study blankly staring at the grains in his desk. His shadow knights were getting training currently and he had nothing to do. Then, a thought occured. With an evil smile, he got up and headed towards the Dark Citadel. This would be a perfect time to read some scrolls. His soldiers would be blessed in a few hours. He had time to kill.
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:58 am

Abandoning the body, I make for the local marketplace, picking a few pockets here and there along the way.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:40 pm

The priests begin to chant. Valtramear and Shade stand off to the side, two shadow knights standing in the center of a runed circle. The runs seem to shine with an inner fire as the six priests chant on. The voices raise simoltaniously and the two shadow knights fall to their knees, a blank look on their faces. Then one slowly stands, his eyes going solid black and his body convulsing. With a loud crack, great spikes began to shoot through his armor. Two on each shoulder, three upon each forearm, three down each leg. The spikes were bone. With a great howl, there was an explosion of black light and the shadow knight was no more. In its place stood a great shaggy beast. Large bat wings poked through the armor on its back. A long snout potruded from its face. Jagged fangs lined its maw. The shadow knight was now a Shadow Fiend. Valtramear smiled. "This is quite the blessing indeed."
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:31 am

Getting a prickle at the back of my neck I mutter "Damn." and go back for the body, and find somewhere to hide.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:51 am

Ten more shadow knights were transformed over the next few days into Shadow Fiends. The Fiends were then sent out into the parade grounds to battle large creatures of the void for training. Shade watched over this training and gave a few beatings to move things along. After a month, the Shadow Fiends were now the best shock troopers in Valtramear's dark army. It was time for a test.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City of Darkness (IC)   City of Darkness (IC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

City of Darkness (IC)
Page 1 of 1