EPIC! Roleplay Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EPIC! Roleplay Community

EPIC! Roleplaying Community hosts roleplays of all shapes and sizes. You into stepping out of your own skin and into someone you create? Come on in and hang out.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

D&D game OOC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Robin Holmes

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:53 pm

Don't worry. I've run three people parties before. Here's what it should look like.

Name. (whatever you want. And I do mean WHATEVER)

Alignment. (some classes are restricted on this.)

Character Class. (Rogue/Fighter/Wizard/Sorcerer/Cleric/Barbarian/Paladin/Monk)

Race. (Human/Half-elf/Elf/Dwarf/Gnome/Halfling/Half-orc)

Level. 1. No exceptions.

Strength:

Dexterity:

Constitution:

Intelligence:

Wisdom:

Charisma:

(for those last six, take four six sided dice, and roll them six times, discarding the lowest number of each roll. Place them in order. And be honest. I know the odds of rolling 18 eight times. If you've done it right, you should have a number between three and 18.)

Preferred starting weapon and amour. (You either may have specified something that isn't in the rules, in which case I'll give you the next best thing, or you may not be able to afford it.)

Gold will be determined once everyone gets characters. I'll PM you with your starting gold.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:33 am

Something tells me this is gonna be fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://epicroleplay.darkbb.com
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:40 am

Name: Halsar Stoneskin

Alignment: Lawful Good

Character Class: Fighter

Race: Dwarf

Level: 1

Strength: 16

Dexterity: 14

Constitution: 13

Intelligence: 9

Wisdom: 5

Charisma: 11

Weapons: a one hand Dwarven war axe; a large, wooden, heater shield; a small, iron, curved dagger in his boot

Armor: chainmail coif, chainmail cuirass with leather body underneath, chainmail gauntlets, chainmail greaves with leather leggings underneath, tough leather boots

Bio: Halsar Stoneskin was born in a mountain range far away from civilization. It was a bad time to be born. The goblin and orc clans in the area were constantly at war and Halsar's father, the high priest of Clan Stoneskin, was asking their king for safe passage out of the caves for his family. The evil king refused. He said they must all stand and fight and die together. So, in the dead of night weeks later, Halsar's family stole away, out into the wilds. They fought long and hard to survive in the harsh climate of the upper mountain range until finally reaching a small village miles from their previous home. Halsar's father took up as a cleric for the local temple and all was well. Halsar grew to be a strong, hardy young dwarf and was trained by his father in the ways of the cleric. But Halsar didn't want to be a cleric. He longed to rush into battle by his own kin and hack his foes to pieces. Halsar's father understood. When Halsar was fully matured, he took him back to his childhood home. The goblins and orcs still fought and the king was glad to see his newest recruit. Halsar was then trained as a fighter and he fought long and hard beside his kin. The dwarves won the war and now Halsar travels the land looking for decent pay as an adventurer.

Last edited by †CrimsonKing† on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 1:01 pm

Alright I'm in.
(Do you want a Bio.?)
((I wish I could have had this kind of roll for my first charicter I ever had.))
{I swear I rolled these numbers, no cheating, I just took off the smallest numbers while I added my stats up}

Name: Wolfos Eire Trodai (Wolfos, Trodai, & Outcast)

Alignment: Neutral

Character Class: Warrior, Thief

Race: Half Elf - Human

Level: 1

Strength: 4 3 2 6 = 13

Dexterity: 5 5 4 6 = 16

Constitution: 6 5 5 2 = 16

Intelligence: 3 5 1 6 = 14

Wisdom: 5 1 4 4 = 13

Charisma: 5 3 4 4 = 13

Weapons & Armor: W - Two curved blade daggers, A - Leather; Boots, Pants, & Doublet.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:38 am

heres an idea, when we get this RP finally up and running, we can set a certain date and time to all be on at the same time and make it like a real D&D game. You know, make it fast paced and not all like, we have to wait for the next post.....just a thought
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:47 am

Not a bad plan. There's Good, Neutral and Evil, and Lawful, Neutral and Chaotic.

Broken down, it looks like this.

Lawful Good
Lawful Neutral
Lawful Evil
Neutral Good
True Neutral
Neutral Evil
Chaotic Good
Chaotic Neutral
Chaotic Evil

Pick one.

I would suggest something that isn't evil, but it's your call.

And Crimson, you've forgotten weapons and armour.

Bio would be nice.

Because you seemed rather honest with your rolling, I'll let you roll your starting gold.

As a fighter, and a thief respectively, Crimson, you start with !D6x10 gold. Roll a six sided die once, and multiply by ten.

The thief, however, gets 2d6x10

Wolfos starts with 9 hitpoints.

Halasar starts with 12 hitpoints.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:43 am

Sweet!

okay, i just rolled the dice and i swear this is true, i rolled a six. So that means 60 gold right?
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:50 am

4 6 - x's 10 = 100 Gold Very Happy Not bad, but the lucky rolls seem to be running out LOLz, I hope I can keep up this rolling pattern.
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:01 am

Bio. - Wolfos was a young man born into a small community of elves, his mother was an elf, but his father was a drifter/adventurer human, the tribe didn't know until he hit puberty, and his body started getting bigger than the chief. They knew by the way his eyes changed colors when his emotions changed, they outcast him, but they gave him the blades he now carries. When he was young they taught him the art of stealth, and thievery. He has many skills, and befriends people he comes in contact with. He is not hated by any, but he is also loved by none. Being an outcast he has no home, and no family. He has chosen a life of adventurer, hoping to one day meet his father or returning to his mother a proud man.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:28 pm

It was 2d6 lol, i only rolled one. Let me try real fast........

wow.....a five and a six......110 GOLD BABY!!!
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Well you did right If you look he said you roll !D6 x 10, but what he meant was you roll 1D6 x 10. LOLz.
Warriors are starting with 1D6, and thief/warriors are starting with 2D6. So fr thats all we know since no one else is frigen' getten' down on this awesome idea!!!
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:56 pm

damn.................oh well! 60g it is! LETS GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD!! Ive never played D&D and am fired up for it!!!
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:01 am

I'm sorry guys my internet was on the fritz yesterday, I don't know if it's done, but I'll try to be on as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:35 pm

well your not missing much, noone has posted in like a day and a half
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:32 pm

Well, lets get this puppy rollen'!!!
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:38 am

im with you bro
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Just so I'm playing by the same rules, I'll start level one as well.

Name: Brother Sherman

Race: Human

Class: Priest

Strength: 11

Dexterity: 9

Constitution: 11

Intelligence: 17

Wisdom: 18

Charisma: 10

Level 1

Weapons and armour: Steel buckler, heavy flail, chain shirt.

Spells known and domains

Good and Healing

(0) level

Cure Minor Wounds

Detect Magic

Read Magic

(1) level
Cure Light Wounds (d)

Comprehend languages

40 gold

Level one feat. Combat expertise. (trades attack for defense.)
Human feat (because humans are adaptable, we get a free feat.) Improved Trip.(makes it easier for me to trip an opponent.)

Last edited by Robin Holmes on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:05 pm

Because someone asked, you CAN upgrade later. Prestige classes. But none of you are high enough level for it. When you get to fifth, I'll bring it up, and suggest a few, based on how you're playing the character.

As for the battle system, you have an AC. High is good. Makes you harder to hit. Is altered by your Dex, and your armour.

You also have a bonus to hit. This depends on your class, your strength, and if you've taken feats for a weapon. For example, the Weapon Focus feat gives you a +1 to hit with a chosen type of weapon. Like longbows, daggers, longswords, etc. Magical weapons also hit better. For example, a +1 Longsword adds that +1 to damage and to hit.

Which brings me to Damage. Depending on your weapon, you may do varying amounts of damage. Altered by strength. Every two points above ten you have in a stat, you get a +1 to everything to do with that stat. So a twelve STR equals a +1, fourteen a +2 etc. Conversely, low strength takes away from damage.

How the combat works in realtime would be I roll a d20, add your bonus, and check it against the monster's AC. If your roll is higher, I roll damage, and tell you how much you did. I'll also tell you if you knock the enemy down, and roughly how injured it is.

If you roll a twenty, then you crit. Double damage, if you confirm it. To confirm, I roll again. If you hit the monster, you crit. So to clarify. Crit equals natural 20 + a roll to hit. If you hit, you hit for double damage. You double everything. Strength bonus, magic bonus, and weapon damage.

If you roll a 1, you miss. End story. You fumble.

There are multiple combat options. You can attempt to disarm the opponent depending on the weapon. With particular weapons, you can attempt to trip the opponent. You can Bullrush the opponent. Basicly, a bullrush is "Rawr. I push you, trying to knock you back.

Grapples are rare, but they can happen. I'll tell you what happens if you're grappled.
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:11 pm

And guys, pick a feat. Dodge is appropriate for both of you. You both meet the requirements.

Dodge. +1 AC against any one foe you designate. Lasts until you switch targets. Prereq: Dex 13
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:44 pm

Are there any other options that my character could have?
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:06 pm

This is confusing but i can tell if i get the hang of it i'll like it even more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:55 am

Wolfos, you could take Weapon Focus. +1 to hit with any weapon you pick. It's not specific. For example, if you pick battleaxes, any battle axe you pick up, you get a plus one with.

Or you could take Toughness, and get another three hitpoints.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:02 am

what if we don't have a d20? do you know a die rolling thing i could use on the internet? or is there something else i could do in place of the d20?
Back to top Go down
Robin Holmes

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:23 pm

I'll take care of it. I'm going for the "cinimatic" style. Being that you tell me what you want to do, and I'll roll for it, and tell you if you succeed or fail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D&D game OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: D&D game OOC   D&D game OOC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D&D game OOC
Page 1 of 1