EPIC! Roleplay Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EPIC! Roleplay Community

EPIC! Roleplaying Community hosts roleplays of all shapes and sizes. You into stepping out of your own skin and into someone you create? Come on in and hang out.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Requiem of the Abyss (IC)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Empty
PostSubject: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:02 pm

A strange portal has opened in Central Park. A song, like the moans of the damned, wail from the portal. Yet the song is gripping, it gets the attention of all around. The song is a Requiem, a song of the dead. The citizens of New York gather around to peer and wonder at this marvel, the requiem pulling them in like a net. The sides of the portal are of a black volcanic glass. Obsidian. The base stretches out along the ground, the faces of the dead and damned leer from its stony visage. The portal is large. It swiirls in a black cloud of pure darkness in the center of the obsidian sides. The people look in awe and fear. The portal swirls, hypnotizing the onlookers. Suddenly, black lighting flies from its depths and strikes down a few of the pedestrians. Still, they look on. Shapes begin to appear in the darkness. Demons enter into the world of the living. The dead follow in shambling waves. The onlookers are overwhelmed and devoured. The sky turns crimson red and the nearby trees blacken and burn. In mere hours the city is taken. Pockets of survivors lay hidden in basemants, attics and in houses yet untouched by the corruption of the portal and its minions. The world is ripe for the picking and only you can decide its fate.

The story starts out with you, the survivor, in a hiding place of your choosing. You start out scared and alone and meet up with others along the way. You may be a good guy and attempt to enter the portal and destroy the Orb of Hatered and the demon, Val'kar, or you can enter the portal and join the demons, to reap the world and all it contains.

Every player starts out with basic weapons like a pistol or rifle. Nothing big like explosives and mini-guns. The only thing to kill the demons though, is a chip of obsidian from the portal's surrounding rock. There are deposits located around Central Park but no where outside it so don't say like "Steve leaves the house and finds an obsidian deposit outside his house." These pieces of stone can be made into bullets or bladed weapons. Your choice, be creative.

I'll post the different types of demons in the OOC thread .

Character Sheet

Name:
Weapons: (when you obtain a new one, you don't have to edit this)
Bio: (tell us about your character)

Rules:
No god modding (obviously)
no killing other players (if your evil, send me a private message and i'll make it work)
this is a blood and gore type RP so feel free to curse and explain your kills and things you see in detail
Have fun with it!

Last edited by †CrimsonKing† on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://epicroleplay.darkbb.com
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Name: Seth Creed

Description: eye level brown hair, hazel eyes, right eyebrow pierced, guitar pick necklace, black T-shirt, black hoodie, black hat that reads "Peace Rules" in white along the front, hat worn tilted slightly to the left, baggy dark blue jeans, plaid slip-ons

Weapons: Colt .45 found in a locker, bat covered in barbed wire (made on the spot after attack on New York), a nine inch combat knife carryed in a hip sheath, found on a dead guy

Bio: Born in New York, Seth grew up a normal life. Friends, school, girlfriends, video games. Graduating high school a year before the attack, Seth found a job working from his home computer testing games for the company, Microsoft. (Xbox 360 is my favorite system). When the attack happened, Seth had been at the bus station waiting for some friends coming to visit from college when a large group of zombies had attacked the station. Seth had locked himself in the locker room and this is where he is now.
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:18 am

Name: Brother Wolfos (Wolfos for short)

Description: 5'9" - 135 lbs - Slim build, wears black cotton slacks; kinda baggy, black cotton shirt; also kinda baggy, cloth calf boots; laced with small leather twine, large black trench coat; found on his travels. He has lower back long brown hair, with dark goatee and mustache.

Weapons: Extremely long reverse blade katana, self made.

Bio: A battle monk taught in the marshal arts of many combined hand to hand combats, and self taught with his katana. his temple taught him many things and had foreseen the coming of a great evil, they banished him from the temple after he killed his master for doubting that he could be beaten by his pupil. He took the teachings that he had learned and has traveled to the closest place he had known of the foreseen doom.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:46 am

Seth tip-toed to the door and pressed his ear against it, listening. There was no sound. He sighed in releif and prayed that the creatures on the other side had departed. Taking in a deep breath, he unlocked the door and slid it open slowly. Peeking around it, he saw that the room was empty. Bloody and with gore everywhere, but still empty. Sighing again, he opened the door fully. Stepping out cautiously, he looked around for any hostile movement and made his way for the back way out of the bus station. Then, he heard the moan.

Last edited by †CrimsonKing† on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:26 pm

Name:Jake Rider

Description:Brown Haired. Brown Eyes. Stiches on left arm in a peculiar design. Normal Build. Wears a black hoodie that zips up. Has a Black shirt with the word 'HELL' written vertical on the front. Blue jeans with a chain on them. Black Shoes.

Weapons:A short katana. A small pistol.

Bio:Went to the same school as Seth in New York. Had a girlfriend named Sarah Longheart,who he is currently looking for. He is traped in a truck wich just got tossed in a lake. Also old friends with Seth from their school.
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Damn it all! What the hell happened! I'm trapped!. He said as he kicked the door of the car,trying desperately to open it. OPEN UP DAMN IT! SOMEONE HELP ME!
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Turning quickly, barbed bat raised, Seth cried out in alarm. A man was behind him but it wasn't any kind of man Seth had ever seen before. This one was pale gray and peeling. His lips were missing and his gums were white and decayed. Broken teeth lined his mouth and a moan escaped his lips, reaching Seth on fetid breath. The man shambled towards Seth, his left ankle snapped at a weird angle and his body torn in a dozen places. To Seth, the man was only one thing. The walking dead. A zombie. Freaking out, he swung out wide and hard with the bat at the zombie's head. With a sickening crack, and a wet smack, the bat sunk into the zombie's head. Pulling the bat back, he heard the wet suck as the bat pulled free and turned, running out the back door, not seeing if he killed the damned creature. Outside was worse. The sky was overcast and crimson in color. Smoke drifted everywhere and demons and zombies walked the streets. Terrified, Seth ran into an apartment building next door.
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm not dying here...I have to much to live for to die here. as he thought this he looked around for anything he could cmash the window with. It was then when he remembered the bowling ball in the back of the car. He and his father were going to go bowling...to bad his father sat beside him now, dead from the crash, with a piece of glass sticking out his chest making the wather filling the car red. I've got to pick this damned thing up he said using every bit of his muscle to lift the ball's mass in the water filled car. His breath was quickly running out. He used to go swimming, but his lungs were strained now, shrivled. He smashed the ball against the window, narrowed himself and sprang out the jagged hole he created, cutting his shoulder on the way out. He surfaced getting as much air as possible. What now....
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:20 pm

The apartment was destroyed. Debris lay everywhere and three dead bodies where piled in a corner, each missing some sort of appendage. Seth, terrified to near death, ran up the stairs and onto the next landing. A dark hallway loomed before him, the glow of the fires and the sky from outside barely illuminating the destroyed corridor. Gulping, Seth made his way down the hall, bat raised and ready.
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:28 pm

Jake started swimming toward the shore ,not far away. He pulled himself up to the grass overlooking the lake in which was his father's burial place now. "Dad..."he said almost crying. "I've gotta find safety."he said to himself, turning imn the wrong way apparently because his shulder burned. "Urgh!" he screeched at the pain from the wound. "I'll need to find a med-pac somewhere."he said running toward an alley, in which he saw one of the most horrid sights ever in his life, Zombies. They were ripping apart at a young boy who kept screaming for help...and yet Jake's legs would'nt move...he just stared in disbelief. "What the hell is going on."he said eyes wide and full of shock and horror.
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:34 am

Wolfos is walking up the street, when he sees a young man running toward an ally he knew was littered with the dead, and not just any dead but the living dead, if that boy goes down there they will kill him. He decided saving one life from those creatures is worth the risk, anyway he knew that they were faster than the creatures. Wolfos sprints to the boy and grabs him by the shoulder and pulls him into a near by building. Barricading the door he says, "We need to search the near by rooms to make sure there isn't anything in here.".
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Picking his way carefully down the destroyed corridor, Seth looked all around rapidly, fear in his eyes. His skin gleamed with sweat and he could feel it trickling down his back. It was horribly hot. Kicking up ashes, dust, and debris, he opened a door at the end of the hall, looking around the room for hostiles. Seeing nothing, he busted out a window and made his way down the fire escape outside. Feet touching the pavement, he began walking down the alleyway. Right towards Central Park and the Portal to the Abyss.
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Jake agreed to go with Wolfos to look for any survivors or Zombies. "W..who are you..."he said in the shock of what just occured
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:50 am

As Seth walked, he looked around at the demolished buildings, the high piles of rubble, and the corpses along the ground. The sight was gut wrenching. Looking up to stare straight ahead, he stopped suddenly. "Do i hear music?" he thought aloud. Listening closer, he did indeed hear music. It was the most beautiful thing he had ever heard. Falling deeper into that lovely tune, his feet began moving again, carrying him closer to the abyss.
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:12 pm

As he jammed a couple loose boards against the door and broken windows he said,"Brother Wolfos, of the Temple of Trodai, but you can call me Wolfos." He grinned, this one was young, but he may prove to be more than just a kid. "Wheat were you doing out there alone?" He paces to the back of the room and closes the door that lead to the rest of the building, tying one end of a rope to the handle and the other end to a busted pole about a foot away.
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:55 pm

"My father and I were driving when something hit us! The damned thing sent us flying into a ake....my father....he...died. I bearly escaped. I'm so confused!" he said. Suddenly he remembered the kid getting attacked outside. "We have to help him!" Jake yelled
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:37 pm

"That kid..., is past help, he was when you got there, it's your self you have to worry about. I am sorry for your lose, but you can't think about any of that right now. There is a time mourning and a time for survival, I have helped you once, but I wont always be around to snatch you away from death. Our world is facing an apocalypse, and you are in the middle of it. Sorry 'we' are in the middle of it, we will stay here for a little while. But when we patch you up," referring to his shoulder, "I have a little homemade ointment." He pulls a little bit of cloth out from his sleeve, and puts the gel on it and presses it to the wound. "We'll go look for more survivors, when the coast is a little thinned out."
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:11 pm

"Survivors....SARAH!"Jake said while Wolfos was applying the ointment to his wounded shoulder. "She can't be dead. We have to find her!" he said.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:52 am

The requiem held Seth's attention as he made his way through the park. Huge deposits of Obsidian dotted the areas around the portal. He passed many demons and many other creatures until he was face to face with the portal. His eyes never moving, his thoughts still on the song, he stepped into the swirling darkness and was swallowed by it.
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:41 pm

"We will find her when the time comes, for now we must stay alive. If she was smart she will be far away from here by now, though they seem to be centralized around the park. So with all that out of the way do you have any weapons?" Wolfos looked out the crack that he left for viewing the street outside, all looked clear, but looks are deceiving. He saw a man walking through the park, but nothing was attacking him, or stopping him in any matter, he was walking as though they weren't even there, but he was out of sight as soon as he walked but a few steps. "There was a man waling outside and those things payed him no attention. I wonder why." He said more to himself than anything.
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:33 pm

"I have no weapons on my person...but I have a few at my house."Jake said looking where Wolfos was looking. "Why are they not killing that guy?"he asked him.
Back to top Go down
†CrimsonKing†
Admin
†CrimsonKing†

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Hot winds assaulted Seth's face as he walked forward into the abyss. The sky overhead was crimson red and there was no sun or moon. Black clouds raced overhead. Seth looked up at the gates ahead of him and sighed. Two large pillars were on either side of them and on top of each stood a demon. The demon on the left held a flute made from what looked to be the bone of some human and the one on the righe had a drum made of a human rib cage and stretched across with human skin. Getting sorta of scared because he couldn't hear the music anymore, Seth began to walk forward. The gates ahead of him, black wrought iron spikes and all, opened and a path strewn with bones lead up to a castle made completly of bone. Seth gasped at it in awe and made his way towards it.
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:12 am

"How far do you live from here? And how fast can you run?" Wolfos ponders why the walking man was not harmed, but he's gone now, so good luck to him and Wolfos hopes that he can have the same kind of luck. "We can use all the weapons we can get."
Back to top Go down
HolyFire

HolyFire

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:08 pm

"I don't live far from here....we can run there. I think."he said scared of the Demons and Zombies.
Back to top Go down
WolfosTrodai

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:39 am

Wolfs picks up a pice of two by four and wraps a small cloth with glass around the end of it,"Don't fight if you don't have to, I'll do the fighting if necessary." He hopes he won't have to either. Looking out the small crack in the window showing small bits of biting light, he doesn't see anything, he starts un-barricading the door board by board. "It might be safe enough to go, but stay close." He wrenches the door open and draws his massive sword and starts to run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Requiem of the Abyss (IC)   Requiem of the Abyss (IC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Requiem of the Abyss (IC)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next